Two Little Chicks

This is my blog where I share all of the ridiculously proud moments (and devastating blows) that fill my days as a mother and wife - sickening really. I'm married to a really special guy who is more than I ever imagined. I also have two beautiful little girls who bring light to each day of my life. As of this writing my youngest is 3 1/2 years old. My great big girl is 8 1/2 years old.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Miss Stevetta Prefontaine

Today was the walk-a-thon to raise money for the big girl's school. She has been taking pledges for the last week or so with the goal that her class will win a taco bell party. She got us for 30 bucks and her class may or may not win the party. I could have single handedly sponsored the taco bell party and saved $14.93 but there is no telling a her that after the walk-a-thon pep rally. You remember the type "If everyone in your class raises $5 the class will receive one package of smarties to share among yourselves. But if you each raise $10 you will be the proud owners of a glow in the dark shark shaped eraser, to be used by your class and your class alone. Just think of it, when you write the wrong answer you will now be capable of real time mistake removal. Let's hear it for the glow in the dark shark shaped eraser!" And the crowd goes wild! You get the point - the stakes are high. But it worked because the girl walked 18 laps around the field, which is equivilent to 3 or 4 miles. The girl has never walked that far in her life. I had no idea how motivating a bean and cheese burrito could be. From now on I'm working this one, "You don't think it sounds like fun to clean raccoon poop out from under the house? Well, I'll give you a 59 cent bean and cheese burrito . . . " She won't be able to resist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home